Whether you are developing a franchise system or simply looking to purchase a franchise, you know that experience counts – experience that can help you find your way through the franchise maze. Jim Meaney has helped companies and individuals navigate the franchise maze for nearly 30 years.
Jim’s experience includes:
Franchise Focus - Commercial law/franchise litigation practice for over 30 years
Franchise Disclosure Document - Preparation and development
Franchisor/Franchise Systems - General/ongoing representation of franchise systems
Franchise Dispute Resolution - Mediation, arbitration and litigation
Franchise Experience - Government regulator, General Counsel and private practice
Former General Counsel - Damon’s Grill®
Franchise Development – Former VP of Franchise Development for Damon’s Grill®
Franchisee Representation - Franchise buyers & multi-unit operators/FDD Review/Negotiation
How to Buy a Franchise
Franchise Groups – Former General Counsel to a Petroleum Retailers Association
- Named to the 2012 Who's Who Legal International Who's Who of Business Lawyers (Franchising)
- Section Chief of the Ohio Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Section (responsible for enforcement of Ohio’s Business Opportunity Law)
- Chair of the Columbus Bar Association’s Franchise and Distribution Law Committee
- Member of The American Bar Association Forum on Franchising since 1989
- Author/Presenter of numerous franchise articles and presentations
Jim is an attorney with Zaino & Humphrey in Columbus and Dublin, Ohio. You can learn more about Jim Meaney by visiting him on Linkedin and AVVO.
Please visit our Resources Page for valuable franchise information.
James A. Meaney